|This is the last entry in this trip journal as we are homeward bound, catching our flight at 3:10 AM for our 24:55 minute flight.
This trip was called magical India and it was indeed that. Here are some of the things that were magical:
1. The beauty of the setting in Darjeeling;
2. The sunrise on Mount Kungchengjunga and seeing Mount Everest at 6 AM;
3. The rickshaw ride through the market in Old Delhi;
4. The Taj Mahal in Agra;
5. Akbar the Great's tomb in Agra;
6. The Sikh temple in Agra
7. The Diwali celebrations in Agra
8. The search for a tiger in Ranthambhore;
9. The elephant ride to the Amber Fort in Jaipur;
10. Bargaining at the bazaar in Jaipur
11. The excitement at the river Ganges in Varanasi.
12. The friendly people.
Here are the things we won't miss:
1. The abject poverty;
2. The crush of people;
3. The traffic;
4. The dead animals;
5. The street vendors;
6. The long days of travel;
7. The smog in Delhi;
8. The smog in Agra;
9. The smog in Jaipur;
10. The smog in Delhi, again; and
11. The garbage in the streets.
I hope you enjoyed reading my trip journal. As they say in India, Rom Rom.